Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Puerto Cabezas...Update

Date: July 26, 2010
Area: Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua
Companion: Elder Velásquez


Mom, isn't the Doctrine and Covenants amazing! I love it, and it is going to be the next book I read, for I have set a goal that I want to read the Standard Works twice through before leaving the mish. Right now I'm reading the Book of Mormon and my goal is to read it and finish on Dad's birthday (my "present" to dad). ;) I am also going to try and read Jesus the Christ twice (first time in English and then in Spanish).


Okay, so this week has been so crazy, and to be honest the past 3 weeks have been too! My comp and I have been working so hard to teach so many people and each week we end up baptizing like one person a week! We have no idea what the drop-off is, nor what it means. And the weirdest thing is that it's happening all over our entire Zone! I think it's because the church is about to build a second chapel and start a stake here. We are encountering so much opposition, so I am trying to fortify myself, but right now I think we just need to work hard and puch through it. I prayed the other day for like 45 mins. (which seemed like FOREVER) about what I need to do, and the answer surprised me. I never really expected the answer that I received. Basically, I need to just do my best to figure out what the heck is happening here and why Satan appears to be stealing all of the souls we are trying to save.

I am so glad that you are enjoying your personal study of the scriptures so much! I wish I had just set aside an hour or two every day when I was at BYU. I did like a 1/2 hr. constantly, but I should have done more.

I just love this mission so much. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to serve my Saviour and to preach the gospel to souls that are yearning for it. I love this church and all it does for the people that follow those who lead and guide it, that is Jesus the Christ and our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I am so excited for more trials and more opposition to come so that I can prove to my Savior that I am willing to fight hard for the souls of those that I desire to save.

Be strong and keep the faith.
Love, Elder Braden Bolton

No comments: