Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua

Date: August 02, 2010
Area: Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua
Companion: Elder Velásquez

Well, it sounds like all is well in the Bolton fam and I am glad to report that I am doing well. Finally starting to learn Miskito (apparently the proper way to spell it). It is so much fun, despite being very difficult. Structurally it resembles German, in that the nouns conjugate as vell as the verbs, etc. If I learn this language then they will keep me out here in this area for my whole 2 years, quite possibly. They need Elders who speak Miskito to go and open up new areas, so as soon as I get most of the language down they might start sending me out with one of the other 3 Elders that are learning it (in total those of us who care to study this language are 4).

I am beginning to teach the English classes this week, as well as missionary preparation for the youth. Fun!

My comp has been rather sick this week, so the work has been going rather slowly, but hopefully things will pick up after he starts to heal (he has an ulcer!). I got my clothes when the new mission president came to visit (the APs brought them to me, but left some of the clothes in Managua). As for the packages, I haven't heard anything, but I can ask this week. Oh, and the money...they have made me a card, I think, but for the past little while they have put the money on my comp's card. The money I've been spending from my card (Sov.) has been for things like extra water that I want, some treats that I wanted to buy, etc. I need to take out like 1400 Cords ($70) for some books and a rechargeable batteries...I might do that today...

Well, I love you guys so much. Thanks again for all that you are doing for me, I can truly feel the influence of your prayers in my life.

Love, Elder Braden Bolton

No comments: