Wednesday, September 1, 2010

After Transfers

Date: August 23, 2010
Area: Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua

Well, transfers have come and gone! And...I'm training this change! Weird. It's my 2nd change here in Puerto and I'm a daddy. The Lord has interesting ways of helping us to learn, but at the same time they feel so right. It's hard to explain, but I hope that somehow you might understand me. Sometimes the Lord puts us in positions that surprise us because we cannot understand why we are being asked to do something or how on earth we might be qualified to do such a calling, but the Lord has prepared me and has been preparing me for a long time to do the work that I'm trying to do here. I have been able to see that my whole life has been in preparation for this mission service; not to mention the Lord's hand has been very "visible" in preparing me for this missionary service as well.

The area I'm working in is proving to be challenging right now, but I know that I can handle all the stress that is being thrown at me right now. My families aren't coming to church, my ZL's are getting upset because we aren't baptizing as much as we used to and they're getting flack from the AP's, and my comp must think that I'm the worst dad ever. But I'm still working hard and still trying to do my best and I think that as long as the Lord knows that it's all that matters. The interesting thing is that right now we are being asked to baptize a ton, but we are also asked to retain them, and here the two do NOT come hand in hand, you get one or the other. Maybe eventually the leaders will understand, but for now we'll all take a verbal beating.

The culture here still shocks me sometimes and it also shocks me how much I've become used to it (as my kid is not like I was, everything seems to be so much worse). I love this country and the people here and want to help them so much, so just know that I'm doing my hardest to change their lives.

I hope that my email finds you all happy and well. Know that I love you all, that I love this work, and that I'm working so hard!

Love, Elder Braden Bolton

No comments: