Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rant

after last week (and its spill over into this week) I feel like i need to express my feelings.
sometimes my blog seems to be a giant forum for me to RANT.
other times I feel as if people actually read what i write and relate to what I'm trying to communicate.
for whatever reason y0u are reading my blog...thank you...hopefully i'm not the only crazy one out there...although i think i'm not the only crazy in provo...

things that have bugged me over the past couple weeks:
i don't know why it is but i feel as if everything i do make people so react so dumbly. like today, i had JDawgs for lunch and when i eat fatty foods my tummy hurts.was well aware of this side effect. yet i wanted it so badly that i got it anyway. so, in short, i wound up getting hot dog burps and i accidentally burped in my work vehicle and my coworkers made fun of me the entire way...even though my other coworker burped, no joke, seven times after mine. they told me i smelled bad, i apologized and felt bad, but they wouldn't leave me alone.

also, it's totally fine for them to just be lazy and not do deliveries and study in the van when they have quizzes to prepare for, but when i ask to not do a delivery or to not drive they get upset. and they can joke around but when i try to be funny they think i'm weird. they find it weird that i actually PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. people don't really understand that they can tell me a story once and i'll remember it pretty well, yet for some reason that makes me weird? sorry, the last time i checked a memory like that was pretty awesome. most people cannot remember things like i can...whatever.

i also don't understand why it is that people are so rude and sarcastic all the time. sarcasm really bugs me, especially when people follow it with the phrase "you know i'm just kidding. don't take things so personally!" that bugs me more than the sarcasm. i don't know if most people understand that sarcasm is truth wrapped up in a seemingly funny package held together with the sticky "SCREW YOU" and "YOUR IMPERFECTION ARE HILARIOUS" tape all over the nicely decorated gift wrap. i know that i'm not perfect, so i don't need your jokes to help me realize quite how imperfect i am, thank you.

i just wish older people would grow up. you may be 22 or 23 or 24, i don't give a fart. you can act a little bit older. there are times to have fun and to act younger; however, as a general rule acting your age won't kill you. i hate that i can act older and slightly more mature than those that are older than myself and for acting in such manner makes me mock worthy.

i also do not like people who cannot keep secrets. secrets are meant to be shared between people who trust one another. if there's one important lesson that i've learned at school it's that i can only trust a select few people. i have a mental list. and for some reason men suck at secret keeping...it's just not in their hard wiring...keep that in mind women.

and this wouldn't be complete without a post about my two PSYCHO roommates. i love two of my roommates but i have two that are like legit crazy. one has tried twice to force me to take him to the bus stop on the edge of campus (once he woke me up and i think he learned NEVER to wake me up--well, if you're not my mom it's not a good idea). the other is just like bipolar and for the past week has come home and gone to bed after me, generally waking me up around 3 or 4 a.m., then getting up and leaving around 4 p.m. i wonder why he complains that he's getting bad grades when he doesn't study, he plays video games and stay up until all hours of the early morning. he has also started to use my roommate's shampoo because his "disappeared" (i.e. he used it and doesn't want to replace it).

so, to all you who choose to be rude, overly sarcastic, immature and just dumb, this is me saying that i'm glad to know you. you make me grow. you make me learn. you force me to remind myself that i'm glad that i'm different and that i may be stupid, but that i pale in comparison to your example.


1 comment:

Chantel Ruby said...

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. Maybe not in those exact situations, but believe me, you are not alone. The funny thing is I was feeling bad about feeling this way, but thanks for making me feel slightly justified. I totally feel ya on the whole roommates thing, but we only have like a week and a half left! If you ever need to rant to someone, let me know. Its the least I could do. :)