Monday, February 16, 2009

Blessings

So, I've been very blessed in my life, and I think it takes a couple weeks of pure agony (waiting and waiting for things to happen) for me to realize that life is good. I was inspired by my sister's recent post about her life.

...I have a great family. Although they may drive me nuts sometimes (okay okay, so they drive me nuts constantly) I know that they back me in all I am, all I do, and all I want to be. They are one of the best support systems I have in my life besides the church and Christ.

...I have great leaders. I know that my leaders care about me and actually want me to succeed in life. In the past I may have complained a little about some of my old leaders, but the truth is that now I understand what I had to learn and why I needed to go through some of those experiences. It's amazing what a week of retrospection can do for a 17-almost-18-year-old.

...I love my Patriarchal Blessing. it;s possibly one of the coolest things that I own (next to my scriptures). It helps me all the time to know what I should be doing and where my life should be going. I love the knowledge that I am able to get from it whenever I think life is awful.

...I love the scriptures. It's been a recent thing for me, actual scripture study. I regret that I was never really into studying my scriptures previously, as do I regret my past for reading books in general.

...I LOVE BYU...okay, so I got into "BYU-the-provo" as Siovhan calls it. I was having a really rough week last week, and I was getting really tired of the day-to-day hassles of high school and life in general out here in this wasteland (i.e. small town Milford). Thursday night I was doing homework late (a.k.a. braden up until midnight due to concerts and appointments). I had this feeling to go on Facebook...i thought "Weird, but if God wants me to get on Facebook when I'm doing homework then fine!" One of my old friends updated his status to notify people he got in. So I was BeSmart.com in an instant, and then I was unable to breathe when I saw this...
It was such a great feeling. I ran in and told my parents, then I called my best friend, Siovhan. She was so excited for me, as was her friend and coworker Brandi.

...I love missionary work. Although none of my friends are ready to really har the gospel, I know that I can do my best to just be an example and just life righteously so that maybe in the future they can be ready and willing to accept the gospel. I also love serving with Elders in my area. They have such a love for the people out here, and they are great examples to me constantly of what I want to become (oh my...i turn 19 in 1 year and 2.5 weeks).

Well, when I think of more things I'm sure another post will come...and I hope all-a-y'all like the picture, as it's the first I've ever posted (I knew I needed to do it sometime, as my blog may look really boring).

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Hooray! Rah Rah rah-rah-rah...goooooo Cougars!

JK Waite said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!! Way to go BYU; you got my brother and my nephew all in one year! I love you, Bradoni!

The Howard Bolton Family said...

I love you Braden! Happy Birthday tomorrow. I hope it isn't too much of a let-down. Parents can only do so much for your dreams. Sometimes you have to take care of making sure your dreams are fulfilled.